Real Estate Market Report: October 2015
The real estate market report show that the year-over-year numbers for September are strong. There has been a slight seasonal slowdown and the number of homes listed for sale is slightly lower than compared to September 2014. Interest rates have been lower for the past couple of months, but there is talks about raising the interest rate. In the FED’s last meeting they decided not to raise interest rates. That will change. It will happen but when is the question. My thought is that it will occur sometime early 2016. Overall, the Atlanta Market has continued the upward climb. Take a look at the housing stats for September 2015.
Market Report Year-over-Year Stats for September 2015
- The number of active properties for sale is slightly down (-1.3%)
- The number of pending is up from 6,781 to 7,150 (+5.4%)
- Solds are (+17.3) higher compared to September 2014
- Distressed property sale as a percentage of overall sales is down from 11.4% to 6.1%. That is great to see.
- Months of supply of listings is down from 3.6 to 3.0 months
- Median sale price is higher (+3.7%) to $249,900
- Median days on market lower (-7.3%) to 38 days